Monday, January 16, 2006

so this is the new year.

big news.
i am engaged.

zach proposed on new years eve, and after asking him if he was kidding, i said yes.
it was the most fun and crazy and memorable night of my life.
and now i know (for absolutely sure) that this is the person i am spending the rest of my life with...
and it is really nice knowing that.

it is also nice knowing that i do not have one of the scary illnesses that i thought i might have,
having finally got up the courage to go get tested. so much of this is all in my head, me making myself
crazy. it is weird to think that a mind has that much power.
for some weird reason, i still think something is wrong with me. i have a cut on the inside of my lip
that will not heal, and for some reason i think this means i am dying.
instead of going to the doctor, i fret about it.
but i don't fret that much.
i have honestly been too happy to worry lately, and that has been nice.

now i have to finish school, which is kind of a pain in the ass, especially when i have fun distractions
like wedding planning. we aren't planning on getting married until sept. 2007 but certain things
need to be taken care of right away. we are visiting reception locations this weekend, and it's our
first real wedding activity together. we are both excited. z has been buying me wedding magazines
and i still can't believe that this is really happening...

another one of my lifelong dreams is coming true.
i am 23 years old, and i am so lucky that i can't even fully comprehend it.

but i still have trouble appreciating the present moment. already i am looking forward and viewing
these weeks, this final semester, as something to get through rather than something to enjoy.
i guess i will always be this way, i just need to remind myself every now and then that the here and now
isn't so bad after all.

come on baby blue,
shake up your tired eyes
the world is waiting for you
may all your dreaming fill the empty sky
but if it makes you happy
keep on clapping
just remember i'll be by your side
and if you don't let go
it's gonna pass you by...



2 Comments:

Blogger matt said...

Congratulations!
It took me a while to see the comment you left, and then a couple of days more yet to get over here to check for some of the details, but now that I'm finally in the know, I'm glad to hear it. Keep me posted...

5:36 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

Congrats!

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home